Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Well, that happened

Hi.
I've been away from this blog for most of the last month attending to some pressing matters, like my stepdaughter pulling away from her mother and I and her mother pulling away from me.
Jamison, whom I have raised since age 3, has waged an all-out war for the last six months to go live with her biological father. He and his new wife have promised her the moon and the stars and she believes them. I don't know if you have ever tried reasoning with a 13-year-old, but it is fucking impossible nowadays. Jmo is gone now despite Josie and I's best efforts. There is more to this part of the story, but it is still too painful to recount and would be pointless.
As for Josie, she and I have separated after 10 years of marriage. The separation has nothing to do with the Jmo situation; it has more to do with 10 years of stuff between two people who are both in love and very different. She thinks it's best for her and Joshua to move out and try to start over. She may well be right; we both are so dug in on certain issues that there is little or no shot at compromise.
I have been without my family for a few days now and it hurts terribly. I want nothing more than to go back to that happy place when the kids were young and Josie and I wanted nothing other than each other's love. That time is gone, I know, but it was sweet and I do miss it.
Life goes on, however, as shall I. No matter what happens, I always get out of bed and try to make the best of the day.

No comments: